To join the Spartanburg County Medical Society, please complete the Member Application. If you have any questions regarding membership, please contact us.
An applicant for membership shall make application in writing on a form provided by the Society. After receipt of the application in the Society office it shall be processed. After receipt of the application in the SCMS office, the Executive Board shall present, review and vote on the application at its next meeting. The name of the applicant will then be published in the next issue of the SCMS Bulletin.
Election of the applicant to membership shall be by ballot of the members of the Executive Council, and two-thirds of the votes cast shall be necessary to elect.
Membership of the applicant in the Society, after election, will be effective upon payment of dues. The new member will be introduced at a subsequent Regular Meeting of the Society. His/her signature to the application for membership shall obligate the new member, upon election, to comply with the Bylaws of the Society.
Reapplication by a rejected applicant may be made after six months.
- In practice more than two years
- Principal office is in Spartanburg County Active Young Physician
- In practice less than two years and
- Principal office in Spartanburg County
- Retired or temporarily or permanently in the service of the United States, or serving as a medical missionary in a foreign country, or who is incapacitated to such an extent that payment of dues would be a hardship
- Emeritus Members shall be exempt from payment of dues
They shall not have the right to vote or hold office • Emeritus Members shall be restored to active membership if they resume active practice, or hardship is overcome
Non Residence Members
Physicians outside of Spartanburg County who are in good standing in their own county professional society, who apply for membership in this Corporation, are duly elected and pay dues
- Graduated in medicine or osteopathic medicine and surgery and are serving as a resident in any recognized hospital in Spartanburg County
- This membership shall expire automatically upon completion of residency at which time application for other membership may be made in accordance with the provisions of these Bylaws
Spartanburg County Medical society dues are $225.00 per year, which does not include South Carolina Medical Association dues, which are billed separate.